ONHB In-Person Bands
Fall 2021 Session
Please note that links to the printable music parts will be sent to registrants by the band leaders the week before rehearsals begin, around October 18, 2021.
Procedures and protocols may be updated prior to the start of rehearsals.
Key Information Applying to All In-Person Band Rehearsals
- Dates: Seven consecutive rehearsals beginning the week of October 25 and running to December 6
- Time: TO BE CONFIRMED
- Rehearsal length: approximately two hours
- Location: Woodroffe United Church, 207 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa
- Fees: The fee will be $125 per band with a one in-person band registration limit per member.
- Refunds: Withdrawal must take place before the third week to receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative charge. In the event that we are not able to hold at least 6 rehearsals, a proportion of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration: Pre-registration for the Fall 2021 in-person session will begin August 31 with registration beginning mid-September.
- Click here for the pre-registration questionnaire which must be completed by September 7.
- Concert: Due to the circumstances, there will be no concert.
- Instrumentation: For the full list of instrumentation for both concert and jazz in-person bands, please refer to the FAQ page.
In-Person Band Procedures and Protocols
- Each of the four bands will offer music at an intermediate level and be limited in size to 30 participants.
- It may not be possible to accommodate all band members who wish to play in-person.
- There will be a two-step registration process, the first step involving a short questionnaire stating your band preference and instrument preference.
- Each applicant will be advised if they can be accommodated in their band of choice, an alternative band or if all bands have reached capacity.
- All members of an in-person band must be double vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination at the first band rehearsal.
- A full list of protocols can be found here. Please consult this list prior to the first rehearsal as some protocols may have changed.
Description of Bands
Intermediate Concert (Band Leader – Laurie Hamilton)
- Whale Warriors
- Bardic Air and Reel
- Skybridge Suite
- Highlights from La La Land
- Swan Lake
- John Williams Movie Adventures
- Snake Charmer
Intermediate Concert (Band Leader – Colin Williamson)
- Coming Back
- The Beach Boys Greatest Hits
- Walking to the Sky
- Our Kingsland Spring
- Mack the Knife
- Allegro from Symphony #10
- Three Czech Songs
- Petty Harbour Bait Skiff
Intermediate Jazz (Band Leader – JP Lafleur)
- American Patrol
- Luck of the Draw
- Spinning Wheel OR
- Watermelon Man
- The Blues Walk
- Fly by Nightfly
- Frim Fram Sauce
- A Day in the Life of a Fool
Intermediate Jazz (Band Leader – Peter Archibald)