Well done everyone!
What we did:
- Band skills: running through an entire pieces is tiring! Try to stay with the group rather than play everything perfectly
- Playing Skills:
- Staccato vs. Accented vs. Tenuto
- Essential elements 49 in round (look for general cues )
- Nutcracker: light and bouncy staccatos. This piece is delicate and not super loud
- Maya the lost empire: remember it is fast!
- Abide with me: very flowing and use light tonguing when separating notes. There should be no holes in the piece
What we will do next week:
EE: 52, 53, 54
All pieces (introduction)
Brass (not f horn)- Staff room
F. Horn- 143