Hello Bytown Beginners!
Keep up the good work everyone! You are all making great progress!
What we did:
- Band Skills:
- Conductor can change beats, speed, gestures etc. It is the band’s job to react as quickly as possible, so a good conductor will prep these changes.
- Look up! Conductors give cues to section during the band music
- Playing Skills:
- Lines 1-12
- Abide with Me first 12 bars.
- keep your silences silent
- hold notes as written to have the proper effect
- Practice in short chunks to let your muscle memory begin to develop and give your face/hands a break! (15min increments)
- Maybe practice twice in a day until you are tired and then stop
- Concert is December 15 (a Sunday)
- Email me if you are missing music, so I can have it ready when you come in (I don’t always have extra copies lying around)
- Smartmusic is a online tool you can use for immediate feedback
- If you would like to volunteer for social committee or would like to run for Band rep, let me know!
- Theory pages available on my site (Please email me so I can steer you to ones that would be helpful to your individual needs):
What we will do next week:
- Essential elements hopefully up to 23
- Begin looking at all pieces
- 110: flute
- Music room practice rooms: oboe
- 112: clarinet
- 114: trumpet
- 115: trombone
- 143: french horn
- library: saxophone
- staff: electric bass
- Music room: percussion