Hello, Rondos! I have precious little to offer in the way of notes from our first rehearsal, since we spent most of our playing time sight-reading (which you did admirably!). But here are the room assignments for clinics the coming week. Clinics will begin at 6:30 PM and end at 7:30 PM. You can proceed directly to your clinic room when you arrive for rehearsal, and your clinician will meet you there. Please remember to bring a music stand!
Rondos Clinic Room Assignments for September 25:
- Flutes – 110 – Diana Lam
- Clarinets – Library – Angela Blackwell
- Saxes – 112 – Rebecca Cowal
- Trumpets & horns – 115 – Laurel
- Low brass – 114 – Colin Williamson
- Electric bass – Staff Room – Laura Greenberg
- Percussion – Music Room – Alec Joly Pavelich
Please head over to the Staff Room after your clinic, where we’ll have a getting-to-know-each-other activity at the break.
So far, you should have the following titles in your music folder/envelope:
- Chorales 4, 6 & 9 from Bach & Beyond (double-sided copies, stapled; we will use these for warm-ups throughout the fall session)
- And Goodnight
- African Alleluia (this is the one we didn’t read last week)
- Finale from Symphony No 1
I will try to post listening links for all the tunes (except the chorales) in the next couple days, and will alert you when I do.
See y’all soon!