Sept 27, 2019
This week we played Air for Band, Radetsky March, and Highlights from Carmen.The links for all of the pieces are below.
Refreshments: The consensus was that we would each donate to the refreshment fund that the coordinators Cathryn (percussion) and Paul (flute) would use to purchase snacks. An envelope for your contribution ($3 to $5) can be found on the snack table.
The Social Committee: Errol (trumpet) and Andrew (percussion) are arranging an outing after band on October 10. Next week details will be announced, and a show of hands asked for.
Dates to remember:
– Sectionals will take place during the first hour on the following dates: Oct 3, 10, 17, 31, Nov 21
– There will be no band on October 24 (the church is closed to prepare for their annual Bazaar)
– ONHB concert will be on Dec 15th at Brookfield HS
Method Book: Tradition of Excellence Book 2
available at St John’s music on Merivale Rd. Remember to call ahead to be sure that the book is in stock, and also mention that you play in ONHB, as there is a discount for members.
1. Radetsky March https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=2477418
2. Highlights from Carmen https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=2319770
3. Tango Mariana. https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=2700645
4. Air for Band.
Have a good week.