There are clinic next week (3 more clinics- 2 instrument specific and 1 sectional).
Flute – Room 112
Clarinet – Room 114
Saxes – Library 108
Trumpet/Horn – Room 115
Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, Electric bass -Room 110
If you do not have music for a certain piece PLEASE EMAIL ME, so that I can have it ready for you the next week.
What we did:
- Essential Elements: 57, 69, 70(clapping, saying, and playing)
- You Must Know- we worked on the opening rhythm–clapping, playing on 1 note, and playing in context. Remember at m.9 the low brass and woodwinds continue with the same rhythm with the rests filled in.
- Celtic Air and Dance: the opening section 1-17. The instruments are layered in, so concentrate on your own part and the conductor. Listen to this and write in your part cues for yourself (i.e. flutes enter here, bells enter here)
Next week: (this is a lot, so we won’t get through everything!)
- Essential Elements: 119, 121, 123, 125, 128
- The Tempest: 45-69 and 18-36
- You Must Know: 7-25
- Celtic Air: 35-67
- Nottingham castle: 36-71
Nottingham castle: http://listeninglab.
Celtic air and dance: https://www.youtube.
You Must Know: http://www.enpmusic.com/
The Tempest: https://www.youtube.
See you all next week!