Your contribution to the band is both welcome and appreciated, and your best is good enough.
Hello Elgin Encores,
It’s nearly Showtime! Thank you all so much for a lovely term. It was great to have many of you again and to get to know new members as well. You’re sounding fantastic and it’s going to be a stellar show.
Also a huge thank you to our band rep and oboe/English horn extraordinaire – Jackie – who has spent countless hours helping the band behind the scenes and juggling all the bookings and rebookings.
Let’s wow the crowd with the result of our teamwork!
- a) Register for next session! The public list is open and it is now first come first serve.
- b) Bring refreshments on Sunday! (apportez un gouter à partager dimanche si possible)
- c) Wear black/black with any seasonal decorations and colours.
- d) Consider carpooling. Additional parking across the street at the government buildings (check signage for Visitors parking).
- e) concert poster and concert program.
- Procedure for show at Brookfield High School (824 Brookfield Rd)
- 15 December 2-4:30PM. Set up arrives at 12:30. Drop off refreshments in lobby where tables will be set up. No access to a kitchen.
ii. EE – (Warm up at 1:00 pm in room 114)
iii. Leave cases and coats in warm-up rooms (no valuables, keys, or purses).
- Performance order:
2:00 – 2:15 – BB
2:25 – 2:40 – RR
2:50 – 3:05 – OO
3:15 – 3:30 – EE (report to music room at 3:05)
3:40 – 3:55 – CC
4:05 – 4:20 – RC
*refreshments in lobby
6pm – out
- To enter the stage, line up by section in the hallway to enter STAGE RIGHT. There will be a runner who will have percussion enter first.
Exit the stage down the stairs into the auditorium (stage left). Heavy instruments to the music room to drop off.
–Dec 15 Concert Bands concert at Brookfield HS
|THIS SUNDAY||WEEK AFTER|
|Star Trek (bars 17-62, 108-end)
Fiddler on the Roof (with the little skip we’ve been doing at the end)
Selections from Moana, arranged by Jay Bocook
Fiddler on the Roof; words by Sheldon Harnick; music by Jerry Bock; arranged by Calvin Custer
Eighties Gold, arranged by Michael Brown
Star Trek: Through the Generations, arranged by Robert W. Smith