Ottawa NHB members proudly form four adult concert bands and two jazz bands, learning and performing in an atmosphere of respect and fun.
The program is designed to give adults an opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument. If you'd like to find out more, please spend some time reading the information on this site and feel free to contact us using the links at the left.
Intercity Band Clinic – Saturday May 14 at Dominion Chalmers United Church with band members from Potsdam and Montreal. Setup starts at 1:30 pm, downbeat at 2 pm. Clinics offered in music theory, concert band, jazz, percussion and quartets. Potluck dinner hosted by Ottawa musicians at 5 p.m. Register by email to Leslie Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Extension Sessions
- Concert Band Spring Extension April 26 - June 21 Tuesday evenings, 6:15-8:30 p.m. Director Adrian Cosstick. Open to all levels. For more information, email Susan at email@example.com Cost: $60.00. Official registration is now available on our website.
- Downtown Jazz Band Spring Extension Thursday evenings, 7-9 pm at Merivale High School from April 21 to June 16 inclusive (no practice on May 26). Directors: Brian Asselin and Paul Behne. For more information or to register, please contact Caryn Zeesman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Beats Ahead Spring Extension Monday nights starting April 4th. It will run for 10 weeks up to and including the fundraiser social for Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind on June 10th (see below)
- Clarinet Bootcamps
For more information contact Angela Blackwell at email@example.com
1. Advanced Bootcamp - Must play comfortably in top register and have an idea of altissimo. Wednesday evenings 6:15 - 8:30 at Dominion Chalmers. May 4-June 22, no class May 11th. Cost approx. $60.00
2. Intermediate Bootcamp - Must play comfortably in the bottom register and have an idea of top. Tuesday evenings 6:15 to 8:30 at a house near Lansdowne Park, close to Bronson. 4 or 5 weeks, dates TBD, starting end of May. Cost approx. $40.00
- Spring Flute Choir Open to flute players of all levels. For registration details, please contact Sheila White at firstname.lastname@example.org Thursday afternoon 1:00-2:30, dates May 5-June 9, location Room 17 Dominion Chalmers.
- Downtown Jazz Band on Thursday evenings. Directors: Brian Assselin and Paul Behne.
This website is updated regularly, so please check back often.
Friday June 10 at 8 pm - Two Beats Ahead Jazz Band (the Monday evening ONH Jazz Band) are holding a dance/fundraiser for the Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. Friday, June 10, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. at Orchard View Wedding and Event Centre. 100% of ticket sales benefit Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. Tickets are $20 and $10 for children under 10. Tickets at the door or in advance from Manotick Veterinary Hospital 613-692-3411. Email email@example.com or Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind, 613-692-7777 email firstname.lastname@example.org